One item in my bucket list is to have my own vegetable garden. Imagine having a house with vegetable plants on the side, watering and taking care of them everyday, til we harvest them!
Yes, I really would like to try farm to table experience at home! Hehe.
Ryan and I have been planning to get a small lot for our garden for a while now but then a plot twist happened this year — our small business, ALLTREATS PH.
We had a lot of stocks last June that we need to move out of our house #1 and look for a place for a shop/warehouse. Glad we found a corner house and lot with space for gardening. Really grateful even if the house is still bare and needs some fixing.
Anyway, let me share with you our start up vegetable garden!
So on this side lies our vegetable garden. Even if we are just starting still, I’m happy to say that we have the following little vegetables here already.
- Sitaw – Because Ryan and I love Adobong Sitaw, sympre hindi mawawala sa listahan! Hehe.
- Sili – Ang pinakapaborito namin, sili! All our dishes have Siling Labuyo so better plant some.
- Garlic – Of course, araw araw na gamit sa lutuin kaya may bawang! Susunod na din ang onions.
- Luya – COVID-19 time.. We need to protect our voice, este our throat.
- Kamote – Ryan just bought this in the market and planted it. And, nabuhay! Marami na sila ngayon. Nakakatuwa.
- Kalabasa – Mama planted these. It’s now growing.
- Malunggay – Mama planted this too! May inaayos na bahay sa likod namin at tinanggal ang malunggay. Hehe.
- Kamatis – Yummy kamatis! Hindi pwedeng mawala kasi mahilig kami sa tuyo!
- Ampalaya – Super baby pa to. Hehe.
Aside from these traditional way of planting, we are also now trying HYDROPONICS.
According to Wikipedia:
Super glad that Ryan is also fond of gardening. He was already searching for hydroponics even before and mentioned that he wanna try it someday, in our own garden. Glad that it’s happening now even if we still don’t have our own farm lot!
These are our first hydroponics babies! We have lettuce and pechay. These are the Day 1-4 photos. We are very much excited!