Glad to see you here, dear! First, congratulations! I am assuming you are already engaged and you are now getting married! May it be a Civil Wedding or a church wedding, one of the requirements to get married here in the Philippines is to have a CENOMAR, or the Certificate of No Marriage.
So, if you are asking:
How can I get a CENOMAR or Certificate of No Marriage in the Philippines?
What is the purpose of CENOMAR?
How much is CENOMAR in Philippines?
Can I get the CENOMAR of my boyfriend/girlfriend?
How can I get CENOMAR 2020 Online Philippines?
I thought getting a CENOMAR is a hassle but surprisingly, it’s pretty simple!
Sad because we are 100% ready. We have the budget, a team of wedding planners that we are excited to work with, and our minds are set up already that finally, finally, this will be our year.
But, the pandemic happened so we had a shift in plans.
THE BUDGETARIAN COUPLE WEDDING
Before I get to the main point, I just want to let you know that this is part of our series: THE BUDGETARIAN COUPLE WEDDING: A SERIES ON HOW TO BUDGET AND GET MARRIED IN THE PHILIPPINES.
Hope you can read our The Budgetarian Couple blogs. Hehe.
Here, we document our step-by-step process on how to get married here in the Philippines. I hope this WEDDING SERIES will help you and your fiance!
You can also follow us on our social media page at Piathought or watch our vlogs on Piathought TV.
WHAT IS A CENOMAR AND WHY DO I NEED IT FOR MY WEDDING?
As the name suggests, a Certificate of No Marriage Record (CENOMAR) is simply a document that shows that a person doesn’t have any contract of any marriage. CENOMAR is also called a ‘Certificate of No Record of Marriage’ or ‘Certificate of Singleness’.
In legal definitions for interpersonal status, a single person is someone who has never been married. A person who was previously married and was divorced or widowed is usually considered an “unmarried” person. If a marriage is annulled, however, or it is found to have been void ab initio (i.e. not valid in law to start with), and assuming the person was not married previously, that individual is single, rather than unmarried. – PSA
HOW TO GET A CENOMAR (CErtificate of NO MARriage) IN THE PHILIPPINES
As mentioned above, getting a CENOMAR is pretty simple. You actually have two options here.
- Get to the nearest PSA SERBILIS/BUSINESS CENTERS
- Go to PSA Serbilis website and have your CENOMAR delivered
Yup! Pretty simple but because of the pandemic, I highly suggest you use the second option. Less contact, less hassle.
HOW MUCH IS THE CENOMAR IN THE PHILIPPINES?
The CENOMAR costs varied if you are getting via online or if you’ll walk to PSA Serbilis or SM Business Centers.
- Online Via PSA Serbilis – 430 pesos per copy, inclusive of the delivery fee.
If you want to receive your CENOMAR via door-to-door delivery, I highly suggest you do it via online. The website says to wait for three weeks but in our experience, we got ours 4 days after payment.
- Personal Via Serbilis Outlets – 210 pesos per copy
If you are in a rush and you wanna get the CENOMAR as fast as possible, I suggest you go directly to the Serbilis outlets. Usually, they’ll release in 4 working days.
WHAT ARE THE NEEDED INFORMATION WHEN GETTING A CENOMAR?
In order to facilitate issuance of Certificate of No Marriage, there are a couple of pieces of information that are needed in having one.
CENOMAR (Certificate of No Marriage)
- Complete name of the person
- Complete name of the father
- Complete maiden name of the mother
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Complete name and address of the requesting party
- Number of copies needed
- Purpose of the certification
STEP-BY-STEP PROCESS ON HOW TO GET A CENOMAR IN BUSINESS CENTERS OR PSA SERBILIS OFFICE
If you wanna get a CENOMAR personally because maybe there’s a PSA Serbilis/Business Center near your place or maybe because you wanna get married as soon as possible and you can’t wait already on PSA Serbilis Delivery.
Step 3: Accomplish and print the CENOMAR form
Step 4: Go to the nearest PSA Serbilis Office or SM Business Centers, pay the fees
– Cenomar – P210
– Service Fee – P25
TOTAL – P235
Step 5: The staff will give you the receipt and claim stub which will be used in the claiming of your CENOMAR.
Step 6: Go back to PSA SERBILIS OFFICE/ SM BUSINESS CENTER on the designated date. Make sure to bring a valid ID or an authorization letter with signature and valid ID if you are not the owner.
STEP-BY-STEP PROCESS ON HOW TO GET A CENOMAR ONLINE
Personally, I really wanna go directly to the PSA Serbilis office and get the CENOMAR ourselves because as per the PSA lady staff who I talked to via phone, the CENOMAR will take about 3 weeks if we opt to have it delivered.
But, we want more hassle free experience and we can actually wait for the documents so we opted to use the online PSA Serbilis.
- Go to PSA Serbilis Website (psaserbilis.com.ph)
- Hover to ‘Request’ and Click ‘Online Application
- Click ‘Click here to request now’
- Read the Terms and Conditions and Click ‘I Accept’
- Fill out the Application Form completely and click ‘Next’
- Review the details & Click ‘Confirm’
- Click ‘Cenomar’ in the choices
- Fill out Request Form for CENOMAR and Click ‘Save’ – Don’t forget to choose ‘Others’ in the ‘Purpose’ & Type in Marriage/Wedding
- Recheck details and Click ‘Confirm’ and Click Submit
- Now you are ready to pay! In our case, we paid via BDO online banking. Smooth transaction!
- Check your email for the ‘tracking number’
- Go to psaserbilis.com.ph and check from time to time if the status has changed already
- Wait for 3 weeks if you are from Luzon and 4 weeks if you are from Mindanao. But in our case, we paid September 15, 2020 and the CENOMAR arrived after 4 days! Yes, super bilis!
I really thought our CENOMAR will arrive after three weeks and we were so happy we just got is after a couple of days. I am not sure though if you are residing in Visayas and Mindanao.
But still, great job, PSA Serbilis!